White Mountain Adventure Elopement | North Conway Elopement | How to Elope at Cathedral Ledge NH | How to Elope at Echo Lake NH
This post will help you plan your Cathedral Ledge & Echo Lake Elopement
- You know you want to elope in the White Mountains, and you landed on one or both of these breathtaking locations. Read this free guide on how to make it happen.
- You want an elopement day true to you. Read tips on how to take the stress out of the day.
- You want a beautifully intimate experience– learn about officiant rules in New Hampshire and how to make your day as private as possible!
This post will ALSO walk you through the intimate and joyful story of these two who chose to elope.
- Kerri and Dylan are angels. I loved every minute of partnering with these two, and felt like I found two new friends after their special White Mountain adventure elopement.
- They KNEW Cathedral Ledge was their ceremony spot (after all, their proposal happened here). Read how we planned this joyful, stunning adventure elopement 🙂
Lastly- this post has helpful planning links for your Cathedral Ledge & Echo Lake Adventure Elopement Planning!
Looking to elope? Want more info? Let’s connect. I walk you through every step in a personalized, calming, authentic way. All my info becomes your info and I’m here to serve you. CONTACT ME 🙂
New to “elopements?” Read my blog on what elopements mean in this day and age, and why my heart believes in them so much.
Planning a Cathedral Ledge AND Echo Lake Elopement
Kerri & Dylan are as kind, wholesome, and down-to-earth as they come. Naturally, it was only right their elopement matched their energies 🙂 Dylan proposed to Kerri at the exact site that ended up being their ceremony location…Cathedral Ledge! They knew saying I Do looking over these same sights was a must.
These two have a sentimental connection to the area, and they also knew they’d have 16 of their closest ones with them. So, they wanted a balance of adventure and ease/safety for all different mobility needs. SOOOO, Echo Lake was ALSO a no brainer 🙂 You can actually see Echo Lake from the top of Cathedral Ledge.
After meeting Kerri & Dylan over zoom for our intros, it was so clear our love of nature and intimate moments were aligned. I was HONORED to partner with them in the planning process. Together, we honed in on:
- what they cared most about: family, nature, CANDID and (not posed!) photos, and incorporating adventure into their White Mountain elopement
- what they did not want: many posed portraits (a tad camera shy…but you’d NEVER tell from these!), a formal sit down dinner, several family formals, a rushed timeline
After connecting and planning in an organized, fun, stress-free way (I prioritize this for my couples! they deserve it), this was their final timeline! They had their bigger celebration the day after, so they spanned their elopement experience into 2 days (highly recommend!)
Here is a timeline sample for your White Mountain Adventure Elopement
Why I Recommend Cathedral Ledge and Echo Lake for an Easy, Scenic Elopement
Just like for these two, the authentic beauty and adventure of New Hampshire was a must, but so was the safety and comfort of their guests. That is why these two locations are the IDEAL, minimalistic, logistically easy elopement locations for those looking for the best of both worlds. Here is what is so easy about BOTH elopement locations:
- easy permit registration on the State Park website: their team is SO responsive, kind, and helped make this experience as private and easy as possible. YAY State Park members. Click here for NH State Park elopement permit info 🙂
- easy and ample parking at both spots. State Parks and several nature locations rely heavily on day-use payments, contributions, volunteering, and donations.
- Cathedral Ledge is free to go to. However, it has an easy pay-there setup where you can place donations into an envelope before heading to the site. Please consider 🙂
- Echo Lake (North Conway, NOT Franconia Notch location) has staff there to greet you at the entrance. The fees can be paid online or in-person. Fees: Admission is $4 for adults; $2 for children ages 6-11; children ages 5 and under and NH residents age 65 and over are admitted free. Click here for direct inf0 🙂
- options if there are crowds: there are various paths, pockets of more “undiscovered” land, and plenty of room for all to enjoy the sights of North Conway, NH 🙂
- local shops, restaurants, other hikes and adventures- North Conway kinda has it all. I’d like to retire up there for this exact reason. Plus, if you’re looking for local vendors (bakers, food, floral, hair, etc.,) it’s all there. Yay for supporting local vendors.
How to Elope at Cathedral Ledge, North Conway NH
I seriously love our New Hampshire State Park staff. They are committed to open, safe, clean, and fun experiences. If you are planning your adventure elopement or wedding, here is what you do:
- contact the park directly at 603-356-2672.
- If planning for October-May, contact (603) 227-8745.
- head to their website 🙂 you will pay a permit fee of $100 in advance. You can pick this up in North Conway 🙂
- a licensed officiant– anyone who’s a NH resident and/or ordained can marry you! Whether you book an officiant, ask your loved one, or want a PRIVATE experience and have me sign your certificate (I’m ordained), all options are possible in New Hampshire 🙂 Click here for more officiant registration and additional information!
How to Elope at Echo Lake, NH
- while obtaining a permit and deciding who’s marrying you are quite similar, I’d recommend contacting the Echo Lake staff directly as this venue is large and there are different options for you: beach, renting a tent / picnic area, or going for the trails/wooded route (or a combination of all!) click here to get in touch with their staff 🙂
Cathedral Ledge and Echo Lake, NH Adventure Elopement
SO much love for you two and your families. Your gallery reflects how special your love is!
- Officiant: extraordinaire and pal, Sharon Curole! Check her out. She’s a pro and personalizes your ceremony BEAUTIFULLY.
- Dress: Lulu’s. Their bridal collection is unique, adventure elopement friendly, and doesn’t break the bank. Altered by local team Sew Sweet Tailoring (Amesbury, MA).
- Suit: K&G (Reading, MA).
- Rings: Kay Jewelers.
- Hair / Make Up: North Conway local team “The Cut Off Salon & Spa.”
Happy adventuring, you two 🙂
Kayla | Babel Photos
website | instagram